Blogroll

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Have Your Spiritual Eyes Opened?

Wenli
Everyone has a pair of eyes, and every animal has a pair of eyes, which are given by God at the beginning of creation. That is absolutely fair. People have the same eyes with the same functions. But eyes have a variety of uses and can catch different things. With the eyes, some look for the light, and some give in to vanity, some look for the road to riches, thinking of nothing but money, some demonstrate themselves to others, some express the friendship and love, some see the merits of others to make up for their own shortcomings, some focus on the demerits of others with haughty eyes, but achieve nothing, some observe every word and deed of others carefully, and some try to see themselves whether the heart is in the right place; By the eyes, doctors treat patients, scientists create inventions, the kind people look at the road in order not to walk on the wrong way, and the thieves target others’ money and look for a chance to reap without sowing like parasites. By the eyes, some become knowledgeable and versatile, some are totally illiterate, some read those works of famous people, the heresies and fallacies of Satan, while some read the words of God in order to understand the truth and obtain life. Why do people have different lives? Everybody owns a pair of eyes; why do the eyes play different roles? And why do people have rather different fates?
It’s said that eyes are the windows to the soul. The eyes and soul are connected closely and the inner world of a person can be seen from his eyes. Through one’s eyes, we can know what he clings to and what he pursues, which represents his nature and substance and determines his fate and destination. It makes me think of my own life….
My eyes were clear and transparent in my childhood. As I grew older and time passed, they turned dim and cloud over, losing the brightness of times past. And my inner world also became complicated and changeable. Someone preached the gospel of the Lord Jesus to me, but my heart was hardened, for the temptations of the dazzling world attracted my attention. I was obsessed with money, mansion, cars and beauty and coveted the world with all my heart. Afterward, I read the words of the Lord Jesus, “And if your right eye offend you, pluck it out, and cast it from you: for it is profitable for you that one of your members should perish, and not that your whole body should be cast into hell” (Matthew 5:29). The words of the Lord opened my deceived eyes. I saw clearly that I was seduced and deceived by the dazzling world so that I lived in the sin of gorging myself on the enjoyment of the flesh, neither realized that man should believe in and worship God in his life nor know the existence of the truth and light. Then I prayed to God to repent my sins and accepted His redemption willingly.
Gradually, I realized that man committed sins and enjoyed the pleasure of sin, not only because man’s naked eyes were deceived but the eyes of heart were blinded by the evil tendencies of this world, which made people stray away from God and betray Him. It was the same with the circumstance that Adam and Eve succumbing to snake’s temptation ate the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Satan said, “… in the day you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil” (Genesis 3:5). Our ancestors betrayed the words of God and listened to Satan to eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Although man’s eyes were opened and he had a sense of shame, he lost the eternal life from then on.
One day, someone testified the work of Almighty God in the last days, saying that Almighty God is the Lord Jesus’ return, who has expressed all the truth of saving man and unfolded the work of judgment and chastisement. The words of Almighty God judge and reveal the reality of man’s corruption and substance of man’s nature. I saw that the word of Almighty God is full of authority and power and fully convinced me so that I couldn’t put it down. The more I read it, the more I was enlightened.
Soon, the upper-level co-worker in my former church came to my home. He used the biblical knowledge to bind me, saying, “Don’t easily listen to others, lest you be deceived! I have greater knowledge of the Bible and my eyes are bright! I will not be tricked easily! ‘Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever’ (Hebrew 13:8). We can gain eternal life by believing in the name of the Lord Jesus, which is recorded clearly in the Bible.” communicateAt that moment, I just prayed to God in my heart continually, and I recalled the words of God, “God’s wisdom, God’s wondrousness, God’s righteousness, and God’s majesty shall never change. His substance and what He has and is shall never change. His work, however, is always progressing forward, always going deeper, for God is always new and never old” (“The Vision of God’s Work (3)” in The Word Appears in the Flesh). God’s words lit up the eyes of my heart. Jehovah, Jesus and Almighty God are God’s names respectively in the Age of Law, the Age of Grace and the Age of Kingdom and they are all the same God and the same Spirit. God takes different names in different ages based on the differences in His work. However, whether God appears to the mankind as a spiritual body or by becoming flesh, the authority and the power of His words, the righteous disposition of God, His holy essence and what God has and is shall never change. After God created the world using the words, He issued laws to lead man’s life on earth in the Age of Law so that man could see Jehovah God’s wrath and imprecation. In the Age of Grace, from the Lord Jesus’ words that condemned and cursed the Pharisees, it can be seen that God’s name changed, yet His righteous and majestic disposition didn’t change even though the incarnate Lord Jesus was filled with mercy and lovingkindness. In the last days, Almighty God judges and purifies man with words, and His righteous disposition is much more unoffendable. So Almighty God is the Almighty who is, who was and who is to come. God’s words made me have discernment and no longer fall into the temptation and deception of the former co-worker.
In the whole religious community, who is not expecting the return of the Lord Jesus with great anxiety? Why are many people shut out from the gate of the kingdom and unable to see anything? Why are they even unaware of them being eliminated? Why do people not open their spiritual eyes to have a look when the Savior returns? Almighty God says, “I admonish you this: Many of My words have already opened to those who believe in Me. Those who admire the beauty in the kingdom but are shut out from the gate of the kingdom, have already been eliminated” (“Words Toward the Old and the Young” in The Word Appears in the Flesh). I was overwhelmed with emotion. It turned out that the words of Almighty God are bestowed to those wise virgins who are watching and waiting and can recognize the voice of God. Those foolish virgins who only dream of being raptured into the kingdom of heaven rather than focus on seeking the voice of God, will be forsaken and eliminated by God’s work, mourning and grinding their teeth amidst the disaster that has scarcely been seen through the ages!
I read God’s words day after day. Once the spiritual eyes are opened, I can see everything. Aged and dim naked eyes can’t affect the experience of the heart. I see that God reveals the mysteries of the heaven, the world and the spiritual realm and all of these are the manifestations of the omnipotence and wisdom of the Creator. Today I have seen the countenance of the Creator, and that is the faithful depiction of the face of the Son of man recorded in Revelation. Ah, I have seen Him, and I am to see Him again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment